The Shogun Inferno the worlds most advanced monitor recorder is now shipping, ushering in the exciting new era of 4K 60p HDR filmmaking.
Since its inception, Atomos have been famous for redefining what monitors and recorders can do for all types of cameras and all types of filmmakers. The Atomos difference is that we develop cutting edge technology to propel the industry forward but deliver it at a price point and with a user interface that opens the technology up to the entire filmmaking community. Shogun Inferno gives the Atomos treatment to 4K 60p Log/Raw cameras, delivering high frame rate / high resolution recording & high dynamic range / high bright monitoring for under $2,000 USD MSRP.
We are selling tomorrows 4K 60p HDR technology, today future-proofing productions at price points that every filmmaker can afford, said Jeromy Young, CEO and Co-founder of Atomos, We cant wait to see the wave of creativity that results from the arsenal of technology weve assembled in the Inferno.
Shogun Inferno is shipping in quantity throughout the Atomos global network now. The initial launch firmware will have most of the announced functionality, however there are some features that will be implemented in the weeks to come and other features announced at IBC that were always scheduled for Q4 2016. A summary of the features ready now and those still to come with free firmware updates are summarized below;
Shogun Inferno now shipping with the following functionality
- 4K60p video recording over HDMI and 12G SDI in pristine Apple ProRes and Avid DNxHR. Perfect for the ever increasing 4K 60p model list (Sony FS7, F55, AX1 & Panasonic DVX-200, HCX1000, UX180)
- Capture HDR Log / Raw as ProRes or DNxHR and use the 10+ stops of the AtomHDR monitor to set perfect exposure using the log from Arri, Canon, Panasonic, Sony, JVC and Red cameras
- The increased processing power of Inferno allows us to add 4K 30p DCI recording over HDMI. A huge feature request from GH4 users, it opens up the camera to cinema applications
- The high resolution 7” calibrated monitor boasts 1500 nit brightness making it perfect for hood-free outdoor monitoring.
- With FS Raw to ProRes / DNxHR recording up to 4K 60p Sony FS5, FS700 and FS7 users unlock high resolution, high frame rate recording
- With Canon to ProRes / DNxHR recording up to 4K 30p Canon C300MKII and C500 users unlock high resolution 4K recording
This initial release will be updated 4-5 weeks later with free firmware to add high frame rate recording for Sony FS5, FS700, FS7 cameras. These users will already be able to record Raw to ProRes/DNxHR up to 4K 60p in the initial firmware but will additionally add HD/2K 100/120/200/240p recording capability.
Remaining features in order of priority still to be released
- Raw recording for Sony FS series, Canon, Arri & Panasonic LT
- HLG in/out to broaden compatibility with playback on HDR screens and as a HDR input for mobile grading
- QuadLink SDI for connection with cameras that have multiple 1.5/3G or single 6/12G without the need for converters
- Scheduled playlist to schedule playout for live events, instore demonstration etc.
Shogun Inferno is shipping now with the following MSRP:
US $1995 ex tax
Eu 1995 ex VAT