Based on user feedback, most customers doing live production use AC plug in power, so they have asked for a model without the battery. In addition to making the cameras more expensive, the large internal battery also made it difficult for customers to ship their cameras via air freight when they needed to take it on location for a shoot. With the battery now being removed from the camera, customers can ship them anywhere. The removal of the battery allows the cameras to be sold at these new lower prices.
With its new low price of only $1,695, the new Blackmagic Studio Camera 4K is now same price as the previous HD only model, making it easier than ever for customers to switch to Ultra HD. Both models of the Blackmagic Studio Camera give customers incredible HD or Ultra HD image quality along with talkback, tally, remote camera control, lens control, built in DaVinci Resolve primary color correction and much more.
As with the previous models, these new Blackmagic Studio Cameras can be controlled remotely from any ATEM switcher. The all new ATEM Television Studio HD features a built in talkback converter, making it the perfect companion for the new Blackmagic Studio Cameras because customers can use them without needing a separate, expensive talkback controller.
Blackmagic Studio Camera Key Features
- High resolution 1920×1080 sensor in HD model and Ultra HD sized sensor in 4K model.
- Built in large 10 inch super bright wide viewing angle LCD viewfinder with sun shade.
- Optical SMPTE compatible SFP optical fiber socket allowing user installed optical fiber.
- 3G-SDI on HD model for up to 1080p60 and 12G-SDI on 4K model for up to 2160p60.
- Compatible with high quality Micro Four Thirds lenses. Compatible with other mounts via common third party adapters such as B4 broadcast lens mount.
- Built in, two way digital quality talkback using high quality affordable general aviation headsets.
- Includes front and rear tally indicators using tally over SDI protocol.
- Built in DaVinci Resolve primary color corrector.
- Remote control camera features such as color corrector, lens control, talkback, tally and more via SDI from an ATEM switcher.
- Features all standard connections, including dual XLR balanced mic/line audio in with switchable phantom power, headphone and microphone jack for talkback, LANC remote control and standard 4 pin XLR broadcast standard DC 12V power connection.
- On screen menus for all camera settings.
- Supports 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30 and up to 60 fps in HD model, up to 60 fps in 4K model.
- Compatible with ATEM range of live production switchers.