On location in Hawaii this video shows 3 professionals onsite, working extensively with the JVC GY-LS300, and reporting of their experience using this camera in a professional environment. Plenty of examples of footage filmed with the GY-LS300 is shown, along with the commentary of those who have worked with this camera.
The GY-LS300 Super 35mm camcorder records to non-proprietary SDHC and SDXC media cards in a variety of image formats including 4K Ultra HD, full HD with 4:2:2 sampling, SD and web-friendly proxy formats. It features JVC’s 4K Super 35mm CMOS sensor combined with industry standard Micro Four Thirds (MFT) lens mount. JVCs unique Variable Scan Mapping technology maintains the native angle of view for a variety of lenses, including Super 35, MFT and Super 16.
- Newly developed 4K Super 35 CMOS image sensor
- JVC Log to capture 800% dynamic range
- Color matrix / Black paint adjustment
- 120fps HD recording for smooth slow motion**
- Spot meter
- Micro Four Thirds System Lens Mount
- Variable Scan Mapping (VSM) maintains native angle of view for a variety of lenses including Super 35, MFT and Super 16.
- Adapters available for PL and EF mount lenses.
- Prime Zoom feature links VSM to zoom rocker enabling lossless zoom with prime lens
- Cinema 4K (4096 × 2160) 24p recording at 150 Mbps
- Cinema 2K (2048 × 1080) 24p recording at 50 Mbps
- 4K Ultra HD recording (150 Mbps, 24p/25p/30p) to SDHC/UHS-I Speed class3”>SDXC card
- 4K Ultra HD recording (70 Mbps, 24/25p/30p) to SDXC/SDHC card
- 4:2:2 Full HD recording at 50Mbps (24p-60p)
- 3 position ND filter (1/4, 1/16 and 1/64)
- HD-SDI (3G) and HDMI outputs (4K output via HDMI only)
- HD-SDI and HDMI outputs can feed and trigger external recorder
- 2-channel XLR audio inputs with phantom power
- Shotgun microphone included
- Dual SDHC/SDXC slots enable Dual, Backup and Continuous recording
- Advanced JVC streaming engine compatible with USTREAM, Zixi and Wowza Streaming Engine
- IP Network Remote Control, Remote Viewing, Metadata editing, FTP clips*
- 3.5-inch color LCD display (920K pixel) with smart focus assist function
- 0.24-inch color viewfinder (1.56M pixel) with smart focus assist function
- Histogram Display
- Wired remote control supported
- 10 user button assignable functions
- Includes handle unit, SSL-JVC50 7.4V battery, AC Adapter and shotgun microphone